Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Accidents

This is a very strange post for 
me.  I use this blog to post
about our homeschooling.
In my state I need to keep 
records of what I do with 
homeschooling.  I create our 
own main lesson books to show 
the progression of education 
over the years.  I also keep this 
blog as a record.  Since this is 
HOMEschooling
posts will get blended with anecdotes of 
what we are up to or little stories of 
our HOME life.

Here is one of those stories...

A very near and dear family to us
had let their children come to 
our home and play.  
The kids love to be outside.
They play big.
From dress up to sword fights
hide n seek to climbing trees
and fort building.

One afternoon I had the 
eight kids outside playing.
The older boys were working 
on a new fort.  The oldest neighbor 
boy was climbing up a tree to 
toss a rope over a limb.
He fell on to a metal post.
The post impaled him.
It went up his thigh and into his 
abdomen.  It destroyed his main 
artery.  Matthew was standing 
with him and he immediately 
ran to the house to get me.

I have never experienced anything 
like this in my life.
I called 911 as fast as I could.
He had seconds left to survive.

The many doctors and surgeons 
were able to save his life.
He is expected to fully recover!
He is a miracle!
I really feel that he had so many 
prayers that it saved him.

People tell you about the power of 
prayer and how accidents can happen so 
fast.  Until all of this happens to 
you one really can not even believe it.

I am still a little rattled by the whole
experience.  We are recovering as well.
We take visits to see him.
He is doing so great that everyone
feels better with him. 

Please cherish every second.
Life can surprise you.

Psalms 116
:)

Until next time
~Blessings

No comments: