Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Updates


It has been a long while since I have posted
and I want to make sure I'm not missing any of 
our happenings.  Here is how my memory serves me...
(not well most of the time :) )


Dad and the kids created a radio from 
wiring, foil, and cardboard tubing.
Matthew's very favorite thing is to 
create these science projects.  He asks
weekly when he can make more.
So far they have made a robot, a telegraph,
a spinning wheel, and multiple volcanoes.



for read aloud we fished all three Pippi Longstocking
books.  Wesley proclaimed he LOVES everything about Pippi.
They were a hit all around.


Wesley's snail art


We took a field trip to my favorite local greenhouse/petting zoo.
We picked out our pumpkins for Halloween
and ran around the corn maze.




Wesley has been working hard with learning to 
read.  We have gone through the whole 
alphabet phonetically.  Now we are working on
consonant blends and word families.



This year everyone was vomiting on Halloween.
This picture was taken before 
Wesley decided to get the flu too.




  We celebrated Matthew's 9th Birthday
We went to Marine on the St. Croix
Went down to the river and dinner at the Brookside





Until next time...
~blessings

1 comment:

Sam said...

Happy birthday to Matthew! It's so fun that he loves science! It's my favorite too. Have you heard of Janice VanCleave? She has science experiment books that use household ingredients. Matthew would LOVE it. I can't wait to start doing some with Aidan.

Poor Tillie! How did she break it?

Love,
Cousin Sam :)