Sunday, April 28, 2013

L.A.~Trickster Tales



We started back up again with some good 
old reading and writing practice. 
Spending  the last few weeks using 
Uncle Remus's Br er Rabbit to introduce 
tricksters to the kiddos.  
They are enthralled with this clever little 
southerner!  They hang on every accented word.

To do more writing practice we had Matthew
write letters to his uncle and auntie.
He had a good time learning to write out an actual
letter.  He didn't complain about writing so much
this way.  I think I should have some kind of pen pal.

I also had him create his own book.
A reader of sorts.  He had written a
very nice story a few years ago.  We took
that story and he rewrote it with pictures.

He still needs to do more work in this area.
once he gets started he likes it, but he still
does a lot of complaining when it comes
to writing.  I thought maybe if he learned a
little cursive it would be more interesting for him.
So, I have slowly started in with some Vimala.
We'll see how it goes.

For extra lesson we have spent many days
baking.  Brownies are by far the favorite.

Outdoors the last three weeks have been very interesting.


We had a huge snow fall.
 Although, beautiful I think everyone is ready for springtime!!!

Confused robin

We made the best of it and enjoyed ourselves.




Then it warmed up a bit and we climbed
stairs/"mountains" as Tillie calls it.






Now we have been able to shed our jackets and
do this...



digging for treasure with metal detector and grandma Judy!


We are so happy to see the sun!


Matthew also completed his testing this last week
This year we used SAT.  It is the test the MN schools
use.  Now I am waiting to see how he scored.
I already know he needs more practice with
reading and writing.  I think we may do another week
on tricksters.  I lost some time with the test. 

until next time~
Blessings everyone I hope you have been able to enjoy the
return of the warmth!!!






No comments: