Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Nature

We spent this whole week trying to experience autumn.
We also got ready for Halloween.


First we did our nature table,
talked about what we saw changing outside
and tried to reflect our changes inside.
We crafted the little gnomes from pine cones.

I got the cute pattern from living crafts.
The boys had a lot of fun with them.

We traveled to a couple Halloween themed farms to get ready.










Dad also brought us home a bat to study!




We started hockey again.
We took a midweek break to play with Uncle Chad.

He really helped Matthew work out some of the kinks
before we had to hit the ice.

He loves playing hockey so much.



I focused our stories on a fall theme.
Everyday I read aloud to the children and then we take a rest break.
so far we have read...

Liputto  by, Jakob Steit

The Apple Cake by, Nienke van Hichtum

Autumn by, Wynstones press

The story of the Root Children by, Sibylle von Olfers

Festival of Stones by, Reg Down

These are just a few and my absolute favorites and I have to mention we 
read from a growing collection of Elsa Beskow everyday too.


We had some amazing laying this week by the hens too





Last but not least...

Happy 
Halloween!
Next week we start math!

until then,
~blessings

1 comment:

Heather said...

Please email me! I have a question about your blog! :)

HeatherVonsj@gmail.com