Monday, February 27, 2012

American history

I decided to deviate from our 
curriculum a bit.

Monday was Presidents day and it inspired 
me to discuss a bit of American 
history with the kiddos.

We talked about George Washington 
and Native Americans this week.



I lightly touched on these subjects to 
give them an idea.  We read stories about the
cherry tree and George's honesty, and Pocahontas. It was fun.


We also worked on learning all the states.

 
So far he can identify about seventeen.


To work on letter recognition I also threw in some
fun word finds for the kids.  I think they really enjoyed it.




After, the school was over we went up and visited
Great grandparents.


They had a lot of fun ice skating on the lake.





Until next week
~blessings

2 comments:

The left side of the road... said...

Wish I could've been up north with you guys!! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Wish you were there Aunt Burp!