Thursday, April 7, 2011

Earthworms







This week we spent some serious time outdoors.  Finally, it was warm in Minnesota.  I worked this week quite a bit so they were with Dad, Uncle Chad, and Grandma Spike too.  Chad took the boys ice skating and played a lot of  tennis with them.  Thank you for helping me out!!  

Worms, I love worms.  My appreciation has developed over time.  Right along side my gardening.  Tillie is not yet a fan, she will be.  The boys love worms.  Everything about them.  This was a very fun subject to tackle.


On baking day though we made our famous oatmeal cookies.
Delicious!!

We did some watercolors this week too.


Matthew does not prefer to paint. 
It is my most pressing challenge to get him to participate.  Painting is so crucial to the curriculum.  I need suggestions on how to encourage him more.  Please make comments if you have ideas. :)



We also dug for worms



We read a lot of books about the worm.  
I told many worm stories and acted out worm finger plays. 


and we dug for worms some more.





We found some!!!




We decided to create a worm habitat to see our new friends up close.

We inadvertently added more than just the worm.  
It was a lot of fun observing all the various creatures that came along with our garden soil.




We had so much fun with these wiggly guys.

until next week
~blessings

No comments: