Friday, December 3, 2010

First week of Advent





Advent began this week and this made for a more reverent time at our school.
We started sharing a lot of stories about Mary and Joseph.  I have a wonderful book that a dear friend got for us.  Everyday of Advent there is a story to share about the miracles of Mary and Joseph's travels to Bethlehem. Matthew loves the stories and it has been a really beautiful introduction to the advent season.






We made our Advent wreath and lit our first candle





On Baking day we made dozens of sugar cookie cutouts.
We made them for our holiday party this weekend with plenty of taste testing!








On painting day we made and painted the stars.





I made the largest star of Bethlehem out of tissue paper.






On Wednesday, December 1st we began the count down to Christmas with our Advent calendar.




I spent the last part of the week really focusing on Saint Nicholas.  The are so many great stories and I think I told them all.  Saint Nicholas day is December 6th and I wanted them to really understand him before I ask them to put their shoes outside of their door on Sunday night :)  I found an excellent resource online with stories and ideas for celebrating Saint Nick


Here they colored Saint Nicholas figures for the nature table. 




 Friday is chore day with our rhythm and we had plenty to do!  On Saturday we are having our annual party and the kids just love to help get everything ready.  So, I'm off we have work to do!!!



Have a great weekend everyone!

Until next week...

~Blessings

No comments: